Friday, July 6, 2012

Recent events at the Currier Museum of Art

Two recent events associated with the Currier Museum of Art in Manchester are of some note.  I participated in a portfolio review where I received some nice feedback on my photographs.  Some photographs that I thought less  moving than some others received considerable positive comments, giving me some pause and leading me to look again at these photos.   In one session with a reviewer we edited the photographs down to a smaller set, again the ones that were selected were not always the ones I might have chosen;  I did receive some nice tips for exhibitions and now have two shows scheduled, one in the summer of 2013 at the NH Law Library in  Concord, the other in the fall of 2014 at the Friends for the Preservation of NH Forests also in Concord.


I also participated in the "Photo Slam" event at the Currier where twelve photographers are selected to present their photographs for five minutes.  The Currier had an exhibition of one each of the participants photographs.  The photograph that I showed is reproduced here:  Boulder and River Stones, Wild River Maine, 2008

No comments: