Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Flower photographs, Amherst Garden

Looking back at photographs for my proposed flower folio I was considering those made in 1999 and 2000, now more than 10 years ago.  Some of these were shown to John Sexton when I attended his Anderson Ranch workshop in September 2000.  He was unenthusiastic about the photos perhaps because of presentation or poor printing technique at that time.  His low enthusiasm level inhibited my view of these for a long time.  Having taken up digital printing in the meantime the photographs are now better rendered than when I made silver prints.  I want to go back to the darkroom to reprint them with the silver process where I should be able to make outstanding prints, with guidance from the digital rendition.  It is much more efficient to make modifications and craft the print with the computer than in the darkroom where there is a lot of waste in material and time.  Of course, the appearance of a print differs significantly with the inkjet process vs the silver process.  Both having significant merit.



No comments: